Monday, December 31, 2012

Holy Rusted Metal Batman! I did it!

Yup, post number 110 for the year 2012.

Remember, way back in January, I set a goal to post 110 times on the Lenssen Acres Almanac in the year 2012. That meant an average of 9-10 posts per month. In theory, it shouldn't have been too hard, but theory and application are two very different things. Some months were low (July and September, I'm looking at you) and had I continued in that vein, I wouldn't have even cracked 100. Sometimes I didn't think I had anything interesting to write about, and well, I just wrote anyway.

Looking at the hit counter for this blog, I know I don't get a lot of hits. If you stop here, chances are you know me/us in non-blog life and just want a quick update on the goings-on of our family. That's cool, actually, that's why I originally started this blog over 5 years ago. But since then, it's taken on a bigger role. It's my place to document our family. It's where I record the big things as well as the little things. It's where I write down what I don't want to forget, or don't want to be lost. In one of the later Little House books, Almonzo Wilder gives his new bride, Laura, a small writing desk. She dabbles in poetry, but her husband knows she's got a storyteller's heart and encourages her to use the desk and her talent for a "setting down of things." I guess this blog is the place where I set down things.

Here are some favorites from 2012:
That's Awesome!
Being a Mom
To Lana Jean on her 3rd Birthday
We're NOT a Hiking Family
Just Buy the Pinata
Heartbreak, Cougs, and Fatherly Advice

I plan on blogging through 2013 and beyond. It's been fun and challenging to write so consistently in 2012 and I know it's been good for me too. I've got a few ideas for some changes and ways to mix it up a bit more, but I'll still be here, and I hope you will too!





No comments: