Monday, October 26, 2009
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Yup, can you believe it's been two years? It seems like only last week I was worried about flowers that were locked in the reception hall (they were, we just picked up new ones at the grocery store), worried about my hair not looking the way I wanted it to (it ended up looking way better than I expected), hoping I wouldn't cry when it was my turn to say wedding vows (my voice cracked a bit, but I kept it together), wondering if the food would be ready and delicious when guests arrived at the reception hall (it was fabulous and on-time because all my family worked so hard to make it so) and just full of all the typical wedding day jitters. It all turned out fine. We both said 'I do' when we were supposed to and just like that, we went from being two single people, to one married couple.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Thursday, October 15, 2009
1. Last weekend was Lana's Dedication at Church. It was really cool and Lana behaved wonderfully. She smiled at Pastor Mark and I think she liked being up there in front of all the people. My parents and Dan's brother, Dean and his family, along with our Pullman friends and family were there to share in the happy time. I'll post pictures another time.
2. This is Lana's first craft project. I think she did a great job.
4. For dinner tonight, I made chicken fried steak, gravy, steamed veggies, these potatoes and brownies. I think Dan just fell in love with me all over again.
5. Lana is bald and it doesn't appear that she's going to get hair anytime soon. Several friends have shared stories about how their babies were bald and then by month 4 or 6 or 8, they'd suddenly get hair. Well, Lana is 3 days away from 4 months and her hair situation has not improved. It's okay Lana-bean. I guess you'll get hair when you're good and ready too.
6. Because Lana is bald, she wears a hat whenever we go outside. She has lots of hats, but right now, this purple ear hat is my favorite. It might be her favorite too. Do you see her smile?
7. Her 4-month doctor's appointment is on Monday. I'm nervous for the shots already. I am excited to see how much she's grown though. I see her everyday, so I don't really notice, except when I have to move her up in diaper sizes or retire clothes that are too small.
8. One year ago, I was throwing up nearly every day and tired and miserable. I'd do that 1000 times over again to get my baby Lana in the end. She makes it all very, very worth it.
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Good morning Husband, so nice of you to serve as my human alarm clock. You are much more pleasant than that annoying buzzer. I love that we get to spend these few minutes together in the morning. What? Oh, I have to actually get out of the nice warm bed. Sigh. Oohkay. Sigh. Time to pump. Oh the price my body pays to feed my child. Totally worth it though. I happened to check out the price of formula in the grocery store. That stuff's expensive. No fancy-schmancy stuff for our girl. It's homemade for you all the way Baby Girl. Thank you Husband for bringing me my cup of coffee. You're the best. Time to make up the bottles and pack the pumping bag for work. Check the time. Hey, I might actually have enough time for breakfast this morning. Maybe I'll even get the bed made. Get dressed, do hair. Why won't my hair ever fix the way I want it to? Briefly fantasize about chopping off hair in a short, modern, chic do. Then I remember that doing so would make Dan very sad. Okay long hair, you can stay, for now. Bye Dan. Love you. Have a good day. Get Lana up. Good morning Sweetheart. I'm so glad you slept well. Oh your morning smiles just melt my heart. Yay! your pajamas and bedding are all clean. Let's get you dressed. Purple today? You look lovely in purple. Well, actually, you look lovely in everything. But I may be biased. Time for breakfast for you. Whoa, slow down frat-boy. No need to chug it. Holy smokes that was a big burp, and another. Good, no tummy bubbles. Big happy, contented smiles. Oh I love this baby. Check the clock, plenty of time for a bowl of Cheerios, and I shouldn't forget my vitamins. Okay, play time for you for a few minutes while Mommy eats. Rinse bowl, leave in sink. Apparently I do not have the extra 4.5 seconds it would take to put said bowl in the dishwasher. Gather day's necessities, go through checklist in my head. Lana's three bags of milk? Check. My work bag with lunch? Check. Wallet? Check. Pumping bag? Check. Take everything out to the car, start the car and get the heat running. Dang, it's chilly this morning. Okay Baby, time to load up. Let's put on your cute white jacket. I love the bright flowers. Oh, and a hat. Your little bald head needs to be covered. When are you going to get some hair? Let's go with the yellow hat today, it looks nice and warm.