Friday, May 4, 2012

Friday Fave: Palouse River Duathlon

Next Saturday I will be participating in the second annual Palouse River Duathlon.

It's a really great event consisting of a 2 mile run, 10 mile bike, 2 mile run. I'm hoping to do better than I did last year, but have had some setbacks and will really be happy to line up at the finish line healthy and well.

Here I am before the race began last year:
 
Smiling, fresh-faced, idealistic and ready to take on the world!

And here I am with about 200 yards until the end of the race:
 
Anything but attractive, barely upright and gasping for breath and hope that I could indeed finish.

I have no grandiose plans of winning or breaking any land speed records, but just like last year, I do want to push myself and keep going even when it's difficult and I want to stop. 

Entries are still welcome, so come on out to Palouse next weekend and we can cheer each other on! Chances are, I know at least one competitor you'll beat!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: