Monday, February 4, 2013

Monday Memory: First Day of School

I think a lot of moms have a tradition with their school-aged children of taking a picture on the first day of school. Our mom was no exception.
I think this picture was taken circa 1988. I was entering third grade, my sister Jen was beginning kindergarten, and Kasey was probably just excited to be in the picture.
 
With my way-too-big glasses, ridiculously puffy hair, and oh-so-awkward body shape, we can just all agree that grade 3 probably wasn't my best. (The next 7 weren't fabulous either, but that can be another post.) Jen looks adorable in her blue kitty jumper and unruly hair, and pudgy toddler Kasey can't help but be cute. But me? Well, let's just say it truly is a miracle I didn't get made fun of more than I did.

What about you? Did your family take mandatory First Day of School pictures? Are any of yours as awful as this one?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

AngMomof3 said...

Ha! So cute, you were. And I especially love the use of the pinking shears to crop the photo, too!