Monday, July 25, 2011

Two Blonde Peas in a Pod

A few weeks ago I had the rare opportunity to visit with my younger sis, Jen. She has three kiddos and thus doesn't travel much, but she made an exception and spent a week at my parent's home in Oregon. I went down with Lana for a couple days. Jen has two sons, soon-to-be 6-year old Clint, and 19-month old Grant and a sassy princess daughter, soon-to-be 4-year old Sandy.


That little blonde girl has been one of my favorite sprites since she was born. Adorable, fiercely independent, and a lover of all things pink, glittery and/or frilly. She quickly became one of Lana's favorites too, and seeing these two white-blonde babes play together so nicely made my heart sing.



I'd catch a peek of them together, rolling around on the blow-up air mattress and wonder, What in the world are they laughing at? Neither could tell me, nor could they tell each other, but apparently just being small and cute and loved and playing with your new favorite cousin is reason enough to laugh (and laugh and laugh).

No comments: