1. Empire Waist tops. See this nifty red polka-dot top? It's not a maternity top, but it sure works as one. I actually bought this top a few years ago and wear it often and now it has made its way into my new rotation.
2. Kind words from friends and family. Oh, this has been quite helpful. Thank you, thank you, thank you to all who this applies to.
3. UGG boots and Yak-Tracks. I love my Uggs. My Grandma got them for me for Christmas a few years ago, and after I figured out how to wear such trendy and cool footwear, they pretty much stay on my feet all winter. They are warm and comfy and appropriate for work. The Yak-Tracks were Dan's idea. He saw last winter exactly how klutzy I could be when ice and snow arrive, so we got these. They're like tire chains for my boots and they really work well. If you worry about slipping when winter comes around, I highly suggest you pick up a set.
4. Cheap jeans and the ugly belt. I was between jeans, meaning my regular jeans were too small and my maternity jeans were too big. I bought a Bella-band, which works great for slacks, but I don't yet trust it to keep my jeans up, so, off to Ross I go. Ross is wonderful. Racks and racks of cheap, discounted clothing. Most of the time, it's a bit disorganized, but if you've got the time to really dig, you can often find a really good deal or two. Ross did not fail me. Jeans in a size bigger than normal for $5.99? Awesome. I've pretty much been wearing them everyday. Since they are too big, I keep them up with the ugliest belt in my closet. Yes, it's ugly, but it's the only one that will fit my baby-belly, so it gets worn.
5. The Good Husband. Do you have one of these at home? If so, please go hug him right now. Maybe I'm biased, but I tend to think that this guy is pretty dang wonderful. He is the giver of foot massages, back rubs and soft tummy rubs. He says sweet things like "You don't even look that pregnant." He is the lifter of the heavy things, the dumper of the trash and the one that makes sure I have plenty of blankets on my side of the bed.
Okay, now I'm going to ask you all for help. For those of you who have been there, done that, what was handy for you during your last-half of pregnancy? What do you recommend I go out and get right now?