Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My Labor Day Weekend

I happily spend the end-of-summer three-day weekend sleeping in, relaxing, shopping at the farmer's market and getting caught up on some projects that needed my attention. Dan was busy with harvest (see next post) and I did visit him three out of four of the days to bring him food and keep him company for a while, but mostly I just locked myself in the apartment and got to work.
First project: Barn Windows. I haven't totally decided what I'm going to do with these, but Dan dug them out of his Mom's old garage and I thought that surely I can do something with them. Right now they've been cleaned and sanded and I applied wood stain to one of them. Current Project Status: In Progress
Second Project: Do something creative with this paper. I sketched out some ideas but have been having problems actually executing these ideas. I got one page nearly done and another one about half-way done and a third still being formed in my head. Current Project Status: In Progress

Third Project: Turn this wonderfully fun fabric into something usable and cute. In theory this was supposed to be an easy project. The fabric was already cut out, all I had to do was sew it together. This is always easier said than done. I have materials to make six "items" (to be revealed at a later date) and I fully completed two of them. Current Project Status: In Progress



So, as you can tell, I did and I didn't get a lot done this weekend. I made headway on three projects, but didn't get any of them totally done. Oh well, I'll just keep working and hopefully have something done that I can post soon.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: