Thursday, August 1, 2013

Whew! Where did July go?

July was so full of awesome summer activities we couldn't have added another fun-filled weekend had we tried. We started by heading to Lynden for fabulous Fourth of July festivities with friends and family. (Click on collage to enlarge)
 
(Lots of kids, sparklers, fire, playing, etc... This weekend had it all.)

The next weekend I sneaked away with friends (and about 6000 other folks) for the Run or Dye color run in Kennewick. It was a hot, dusty race, but by far the most colorful one I've ever been a part of.
 

And then the next weekend we drove to my parents' place in Oregon to see them as well and my sister and her four kiddos. Lana absolutely adores her cousins and we had a jam-packed day of swimming, horseback-riding, and watching the baby smash her 1st birthday cake. It's a shame they live so far away - I think Lana could happily play with these kids everyday.
 

Of course we couldn't leave out the last weekend in July, could we? So on Saturday Lana and I went to a friend's outdoor art party where the kids happily painted and crafted outside and made huge messes and played to their heart's content. Playing and painting? Lana was in her element.
 

Then on Sunday we headed to Spokane to meet up with my brother and his wife who were making a quick visit from Alaska. Lana adores her Uncle Kasey and Aunt Christina and she wore us all out playing and running around Riverfront Park all afternoon.
 
Whew. I guess that's where July went. I think August will slow down a bit, although we certainly have enough activities already planned for this month to keep us more than busy. 

No comments: