Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The View from the Top

Lana and I took our first hike together yesterday. We went to the top of Kamiak Butte, one of my very favorite places. Two years ago, Dan and I climbed this mountain together and he proposed and I said yes and this whole wonderful adventure began. Now it's fun to get to share this special place with our baby daughter. I put her in the carrier that I strap to my chest and she slept most of the trek. I love this view. I love that you can see miles and miles of beautiful Palouse farmland.

Speaking of beautiful, I don't know if there is anything more lovely than a smiling baby girl in a yellow sundress.

And since we're on the topic of beautiful things, check out this bouquet that Dan got for me at the Moscow Farmer's Market. The Stargazer Lillies are just amazing and my husband is wonderful for thinking of me and my love for flowers.

Dan isn't just a great hubby, he's the best Daddy little Lana could ever ask for. He adores his baby daughter and she loves her snuggle time with him. This photo just melts my heart. The two of them looking at each other, both completely captivated. Oh and please don't think I let Dan get away with just the fun stuff like snuggle-time. This evening he had to clean spit-up off the sofa and he regularly gets requests to dump the diaper pail. He's a very well-rounded Dad.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

grammyc said...

She looks so bright and sunny in her little yellow sundress. before you know it she will be racing you up to the top of the mountain.