Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Lucky Ones

Love runs so deep
Down in your soul
It hit me so high
All that I know
Baby the lucky ones
For a moment or two
Get to fall in love with somebody like you.
-Pat Green Lucky Ones















Since I'm no poet, I let the words of Pat Green speak for me. For an entire year I have been one of those "Lucky Ones." But I have it even better than in the song. I don't just get to be in love with Dan for a moment or two, I get him for life.

We celebrated our one year anniversary by spending the weekend in Orofino. We checked out the giant dam and the reservoir. We stayed in a hotel with a balcony overlooking the river.

The fall weather was perfect and I was able to get some great pictures of the dam and lovely trees and such.















Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

grammyc said...

Beautiful pictures of your trip. The fall colors are just radiant. Your right, that is a big ol' dam.

grammyc said...

The pictures of your trip are just beautiful. The fall colors are spectacular. You weren't kidding when you said it was a big ol' dam. The picture of the lake is one of the prettiest ones I've ever seen by a dam sight. :) :)

AngMomof3 said...

LOVE that last photo! Hope you had a great time. And thinking of you at the past 9 pm hour as I prepare for bed and I realize you're so far from sleeping right now... thanks for caring for our youth!

Unknown said...

Congrates on 1 year down! What a nice way to celebrate -- Glad you have each other.