Monday, April 14, 2008

Two days of SPRING!!!

Yup, that's right, over the weekend we were treated to two wonderful, sunshine-filled, warm, lovely spring days. We definitely maximized our time out-of-doors. Dan spent several hours washing, waxing and detailing his truck. We also went to the WSU Plant Sale and loaded up on tomatoes, peppers, herbs and flowers and had a perfectly lovely time filling pots and hanging baskets out in the sunshine. We took a long walk around town and it was warm enough that we were able to let Roxy play in the river for a while. She's a lab and a definite water lover. I think playing in the river is a Labrador's version of heaven.
With the perfect weather and the calender showing me that yes, Spring is actually here, I began to daydream about being able to walk to work more often, jogging with the dog in the evenings, riding my bike around town and planting flowers in the garden. You know, all perfectly normal, Spring-time activities. I wasn't even that discouraged when we woke up to overcast skies, after all, it's allowed to rain during the Spring. However, when the rain started really coming down hard and I needed to leave work to hurry home to put all the plants under the carport, I wasn't quite so forgiving. Then when I looked out the window at work and saw snow, I was far from amused. I guess I jumped to gun a little too early on this whole Spring-time thing. I'll probably get some garden plastic on the way home to cover all the little baby plants (sigh).
The two days of Spring were perfect and beautiful, yet now they seem a bit cruel.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Leslie said...

It was *SOO* good to see you a couple weeks ago!! I am sure your baby plants will survive, but I would definitely stop and get some plastic to keep them warm :) Have a great day and we are keeping our fingers crossed for warmer spring days as well!