Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday Notes

I really enjoy Sundays. They're quiet and restful and allow for some time to catch up on forgotten tasks. In the 5 or so months since we've been married, Dan and I have developed our own Sunday ritual. Usually we'll sleep in 'til about 8:00 or so. We'll lie in bed and discuss who should get dressed and get the newspaper. Whoever doesn't get the paper starts a pot of coffee and we'll spend the next hour or so reading the paper and enjoying our coffee and breakfast. I'll clip coupons and Dan will read me bits of news or something from the opinion section. It's all very relaxed and comfortable. Eventually we'll look up at the clock and decide to get ready for church. Church is also one of the parts of Sunday that I enjoy. I like the warm greeting at the door and that I'll run into several people I know before we're even halfway through the foyer. I always really enjoy the praise and worship music and whatever sermon is preached. But most of all I love that I get spiritually recharged for the week. It's so easy for me to forget that God is God and I am not. I take on all the worries and stress of life when I really should just give them all to God; He does a better job dealing with them anyway. I remember on Sundays to take time to really reflect on my relationship with God. I take extra time to thank Him for all He's done for me in the week. No matter the day, I know God loves me, but in the quiet time of prayer in church, I let that fact really sink in. This Sunday we started on a new sermon series called "What We Believe and Why it Matters." I know I'm a believer, but it really is good to get a refresher on the beliefs that are easily taken for granted. Emmanuel Baptist Church has all their sermons available to listen to, so if you maybe need a refresher, click here.

After church, we'll have lunch and lounge around in sweatpants. I might scrapbook or blog or cook and Dan will watch sports or truck shows or something equally tough and manly on TV. We'll catch up on laundry and I'll usually make a big dinner. If the weather is cooperative, we'll take the dog for a long walk around town.

Last Sunday was Easter and we were in Lynden to spend it with Dan's family. It wasn't our usualy Sunday, but it was still nice. Sue is all moved into her condo in town and Dean and Lyndsey have done a ton of work to the house. All of Dan's stuff was stashed in the basement, so we spent hours going through it, boxing up some to save, some to yard-sale and some to trash. Sue made a big Easter Dinner and we got to catch up with Dan's brothers' families. We hadn't seen them since around Christmas time. Little Kenzie was just a bitty baby then, but now she's crawling and jabbering nand really turning into quite the cutie. She was adorable in her fluffy pink dress.

Even though we were pretty busy, I did get some scrapbooking done. I recently was invited to join the design team at Paper Pals, which means I'll create displays for the store and work on specific projects. I had some fun spring time paper that was so fun to play with. Here's my favorite card:

One of my favorite parts of being part of the design team is that I now need to make scrapbooking a priority. Yay! In fact, I'll probably work on some more pages once I'm done with this blog.

No comments: