Saturday, November 24, 2007

So Much to be Thankful For!


If I were to make a list of all I am thankful for this year, the blog would be really, really long. So much has happened and I have been so blessed and I am thankful for all of it. I went from having a great boyfriend to having a fabulous fiance (we got engaged July 16th) to getting a wonderful husband (October 20th - 3 months later). Now I am married to that wonderful husband (he's the guy in the pictures with the dogs, Wally and Roxy) and I am thankful for that blessing every day. (I know, it's only been just over a month, but I can still be thankful.) We just spent a quiet Thanksgiving with my parents and brother in Oregon. How could I not be thankful for family, excellent food, shopping time with my Mum, lots of football watching and the annual playing of the world championship chinese checker game? I am thankful for Dan's new job and the new life we're building together in Pullman. I am thankful for the friends and family who have helped us out so much. I am thankful that the Kibbie Dome is heated and we were comfortable this afternoon as we watched my USU Aggies beat Kasey's Idaho Vandals in an ugly football game : ) I am also thankful that Kasey didn't take the loss too hard. I am thankful for so much and I know I've just barely started skimming the surface of it all. I do hope however, that this list of all I have to be thankful for, prompts me to reflect more deeply and strive to have a heart of even more thankfulness.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

My friend/professor Annette got an award at that game! Sounds like you are doing great!! Miss you!

alisa said...

The Aggies won? Hurray! I always love it when my Aggies win--even though it rarely happens. I'm thankful for great friends that keep me posted on their lives. Congratulations by the way. I got your thank you card in the mail today. You look so pretty in your dress. I wish I could have been there. I was really tempted and had even arranged to stay with my friend in Portland until work got insane and I couldn't get out of it. It would have been good to see the Frestons.