Monday, December 2, 2013

Monday Memory: Advent Calendars


It was a tradition growing up that my mom would buy us three kids these paperboard advent calendars. Each little square was labelled with a date, and on that date, you were allowed to open it up and eat the little chocolate piece inside. Of course, we would eat our chocolate first thing in the morning, because at Christmastime, chocolate for breakfast is completely acceptable, right?

I don't know if the same was true for my siblings, but my mom even sent me one each year when I was away in college. It was really nice having this little piece of home to open up while getting ready for class in my dorm room.

Well, when I saw this particular advent calendar in the grocery store this evening, I just had to buy it for Lana. It's time she got to enjoy chocolate with her breakfast in the days leading up to Christmas just like her mommy did years and years ago.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: