Sunday, January 9, 2011

2011: My year of More/Less

I know, that heading doesn't make a lot of sense, but let me explain.

For the past couple of years I've written down some new goals to help ring in the new year. Some of these I've succeeded in keeping, others....well....not so much.

I've decided this year to live more intentionally, from how I treat my husband and daughter, to what I eat, to what I watch on TV, to how I spend my free time and even what I wear.

No matter what I do, a year from now, a year will have gone by, and I want to spend that year being more intentional about the decisions I make.

I'm also realistic and know that I can only cram so much into my already busy days, that means some things will have to go. Therfore, if I set a goal to do something MORE, I must do something else LESS.

So, in no particular order, here are some of the ways I want to live MORE/LESS this year:
-Move MORE/Eat LESS
-Save MORE/Spend LESS
-Read MORE/Watch LESS crap on TV
-Wear funky jewelry MORE/Dress in frumpy clothes LESS
-Be creative in the kitchen MORE/Make the same ol', same ol' LESS
-Compliment MORE/Criticize LESS
-Forgive MORE/Harbor resentment LESS
-Eat MORE veggies/Eat LESS crap
-Write MORE/Mindlessly surf the web LESS

There are others that I'm sure I'll pick up along the way, but I'm starting here.

What are some ways you want to live MORE/LESS in 2011?

3 comments:

AngMomof3 said...

I thank you for the time you put into your list... I may just use it as my own! :)

Is your first item of "move more/eat less" inspired by the lovely CZ? She's sure a fave of mine right now!

grammyc said...

I think you need to add. Take Lana Jean to see her Grammy MORE often. :)

Lyndsey said...

love your list!! I would like to just say a big ol 'ditto' and make it my own. I wish you could add More time with your lynden family/ Less driving to do so ;)