Sunday, November 15, 2009

I'm a lazy Blogger

I'm sorry about that. Really I am. I know there are some (Hi Mom!) who check this blog religiously, waiting for new pictures of Lana and to read about our latest adventures. It's been two whole weeks since I've updated. It's not that I haven't had anything to blog about, it's just that I haven't been disciplined enough to sit down and do it. I was thinking of blogging about the perfect day Lana and I had on Wednesday. See, it was Veteran's Day, so I had the day off from work. The two of us stayed home and played and sang silly songs (okay, so I was the one doing the singing, Lana laughed at me.) I got some projects around the house done. We even had a couple of things to do outside. So I bundled Lana up in her front carrier, put her ear hat on her head, and zipped up both up in one of Dan's vests. She was cozy and warm and we were able to be outside for a bit.

I was also thinking of updating this blog with Lana's progress into the world of eating solids. She does a good job of making a mess, but I'm still not convinced that she's actually swallowing anything yet. We'll keep practicing and I'm sure she'll get it eventually.
I've also been meaning to share this photo. Kasey and Christina sent Lana some Halloween treats. A mummy bib and a headband with black bats on it. I was surprised that she actually let me put the headband on her, but she thought she was pretty hot stuff. Her hand is in her mouth because it makes her sore gums feel better. Yup, we're officially going through teething right now. Lana has one bitty baby tooth on her bottom gum. Tooth #2 should come anytime.
And then there is this. I could write post after post about this. Lana loves her Daddy so much and Dan is as smitten as can be with this chubby-cheeked baby girl.
I could write ten thousand words about what it means to me that they're developing a healthy father-daughter relationship at such an early age. I could go on and on about how happy this makes me and how much Dan loving Lana makes me love him even more.

Thanks for being patient. I promise I'll try to do a better job with the updates.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

grammyc said...

look at that cute little face peeking out from Daddy's vest. She is so cute in her little bunny hat.