Thursday, March 21, 2013

Coeur d' Alene Getaway

Did I ever tell you about the time Dan was awesome and told me we were taking off for the weekend to stay at a fancy-schmancy resort, eat delicious food, and get massages?

No?

Well, I should have. So, there was this time (last weekend) when Dan the Awesome Husband Man (I make up cheesy nicknames) did just that. We stayed at the beautiful and luxurious Coeur d' Alene Resort:
 
(All these pictures came from the resort's website as it was raining/sleeting/snowing during our tenure and resulted in less-than-lovely pictures.)

Dan told me later that his true not-so-secret reason for this weekend away was to eat here:
 
Wolf Lodge Inn is a hole-in-the-wall restaurant outside of Coeur d' Alene that serves the best steaks you'll find in the area. Dan and I spit a 40-ounce, 2 steak platter (sirloin and porterhouse) and can't recommend it enough. If you ever find yourself in that area around dinner time, stop in. It will probably be the best decision you make all day.

Because we were stuffed with steak, we declined dessert at Wolf Lodge, and instead had dessert over an hour later back at the resort.
 
Yes, Dan's sundae is huge, about the size of his head, and my lemon layer cake came complete with a scoop of ice cream and french macaroon. It was sugared bliss on a plate and I want another and another and another.

If you need a quick weekend getaway, I highly recommend Coeur d' Alene - the resort, the steakhouse, the everything!

(And big thanks to Dan! You knew exactly what I needed. You're the best.)

No comments: